Monday, September 5, 2011

Warm Summer Eve


We are experiencing a very late summer here. I remember this time last year my cucumbers were about the size of zuchini's - this year they are about the size of a snap pea right now. Our season started off slow but has picked up and the days here feel as though they are getting warmer and warmer. Today is the last day of my beloved vacation. Work starts tomorrow and real life begins once more. It feels as though the summer has gone by so quickly.

We went away last week with my parents camping/staying in trailers. It was fun but I was again happy to once more come home. I find when we go away our diets kind of crash and I suffer from it greatly. It's nice to be home to lots of fruits and vegetables and my cooking.

I also came home to my bean plants producing. We had a nice crop this year. I'm going to save some of the seeds from these beans and plant some more next year.





The muffins in the top photograph are delicious Blueberry Banana Muffins. I used this recipe from Tasty Kitchen.  I really liked the recipe and it is somewhat nutritious. I think I ended up over cooking my muffins by about 4-5 minutes. I will be making them again though!

I hope your summer has been/was wonderful. I'm starting to really get excited for fall foods (mmm soup!) and the coming of cooler weather. Before we know it the Christmas season will be upon us and after all, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year <3

Loves!



No comments:

Post a Comment