Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Monday!



Okay, so most people don't celebrate Monday morning with that much zest. I am still on vacation though and relishing every Monday morning that I am not at work. Life has been quite busy lately, but not incredibly interesting. Whenever I watch a great fulfilling movie and it ends I always imagine every day in those characters lives as being continually interesting and rich. It's a pity to think of great characters doing laundry and cleaning the bathroom.

We have been blessed with lots of sunshine lately which has triggered something within my garden - my once weak plants are exploding and happily soaking up the rays. While weeding the other day I spotted some tomatoes growing. My tomato plants have become so thick that it was almost hard to spot them.

So lovely. I love gently bending back tomato plants, just touching the plant makes my hands smell of tomatoes. Delicious.


My many cucumber plants are all flowering. I had great success growing cucumbers last year, I'm anticipating a nice crop for this year. Pickles perhaps?


I've also been knitting lately, still working on a scarf for my beau. I took a break yesterday to work on a new pattern I had seen - It's called a seed stitch. I think it turned out quite nice. I'm still working on some tension issues, but I'm sure that will come with experience.


The pattern in front is the seed stitch, the one behind is just a plain garter.

I should mention that the happy apple and pear fabric is from Daiso. I have oodles of fabric to use up and shouldn't have purchased it, but it was too adorable. I keep dreaming up projects to use it up.

That's my little update of what has been going on here. I am still working The Quilt. The Quilt has become a title in itself, no longer is it a sweet fun project that was intended to amuse me in the summer months. Instead it has become this massive endeavor that is now covering my kitchen table. I am in the actual quilting stages which is exciting, but hard on my back. I will probably finish quilting today and just need to do the binding on the edges. I have no idea how people make these regularly for fun, the amount of work is immeasurable. I can't wait to be finished, I know it will feel like a big accomplishment.

How is your week so far?

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment