Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Friday and some DIY


Happy Friday friends! This danish has nothing to do with anything except that it was delicious and so beautiful I had to snap a picture of it. Mmmm danish!

I have had this lovely jewelry box for awhile now. I spotted it at the thrift months ago and scooped it up for 3$. At the time it had no hardware and the paint on it was peeling. I sanded painted this baby with Martha Stewart's paint in A Glass of Milk. The handles are from Ikea and cost 1.99 for all 6! The piece comes off a little yellowed in the pictures, it is in fact a nice white color. Our weather has been stormy here lately making natural light photographs tricky.


I lightly distressed the edges so the piece looked a little worn and well loved. I originally was planning on using it to store craft supplies, however I've decided to keep it on my dresser to store jewelry. I am just a little too in love with it to let it go into the dark sewing room.

Gosh don't you just love the scalloped edges at the bottom of it?


I recently tackled another little DIY project with this piece of art. I took an old beat up board and stenciled on some parts of Ingrid Michaelson's song You and I. I stenciled ornate swirls on before doing the letters, but I think it makes it look a little busy. A good learning lesson for next time!


It feels so good to have some projects completed that have been on the go forever. Do you have anything you've been meaning to get to accomplishing? I still have about a million other things I'd like to get done.

Have a wonderful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment