Friday, June 24, 2011

Vintage Pyrex Love


I adore vintage Pyrex. I have quite a few pieces already and I feel like every month or two I add a new piece. After work today I felt compelled to stop at my local thrift shop for a little gander.

I had been on the lookout for a pot to use for my morning breakfast oats. I have been using our small stainless steel sauce pot, but this pot is our only small pot in the house and having it in use all of the time was becoming inconvenient.

I found this beauty to solve pot problem solution (gosh I'm a nerd). I love these vintage Pyrex pots. My mother has one of the larger ones in this color that she still uses. This was the first time I had come across one this small before. Perfect for breakfast for 1 or 2 and for 3$ It was a steal.




I also scooped up this Pyrex bowl. It was discounted because of the staining on it and I was convinced I could get the staining off. So far I haven't had any luck. Any ideas? I don't want to use anything too abrasive because I don't want to chip the paint.


I also purchased another basket. I have a few of these beauties now. They are so handy to have around the house and make laundry much easier.


Have a wonderful restful weekend. We are going to enjoy a nice dinner tonight and have plans to go see a friends newborn baby (swoon). I hope to also get to visit good friends and maybe watch a scary movie.

What are your weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment