Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quilting Inspiration

Another Wednesday is upon us!

Can you believe it is June? My heart flutters at the thought of it. Come July I will be on vacation.. for 2 months! I can just imagine all of the relaxing and reading I will be doing. I also have some small travel plans and want to get some things done around the house.

I've started compiling a list of things I want to get accomplished. Some of these things are,
  • Learn to knit. I have needles. And yarn. And a how-to book with photographs. I will do this!
  • Can tons of jams and soups - enough to last us the winter.
  • Make a quilt. Just for me. Often whenever I hit my sewing machine it's for a gift for someone else. I have big plans to make a large quilt for us for the summer months that wont be as heavy as our duvet. I'm planning on making it white, using inexpensive white broadcloth and splurging on a beautiful fabric for some of the smaller details. I'm thinking an Amy Butler fabric as I did get a nice gift card for my birthday to a more expensive specialty fabric shop that does carry Amy Butler fabrics.
Here is a bit of inspiration - I love the idea of a modern quilt. Keep in mind mine will mainly be white with some pops of color.



source

source

I know I haven't found the inspiration photo yet, but I am off to a good start. I'm thinking about doing a 9 patch pattern, but I'm still on the fence about it. I'm planning on going to my local thrift store to buy an inexpensive pattern book. I think this is one project I should learn more about before beginning.

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment