Friday, April 8, 2011

The Vintage Light

Happy Friday!
I decided on my way home from work today to stop at a local thrift store I had heard about called Tallize.

I was wandering through the furniture area when I saw this hanging light,


I am madly in love with this light. I didn't know that it was possible to be in love with a light fixture, but now I know better.


..I love that there is a piece of twine on the bottom of it holding the chain in place that turns it on,

I'm pretty sure we are going to have to rewire the lamp. The glass is also filthy inside and out, I forsee a thorough cleaning. I'm thinking that this lamp will be replacing the floor lamp in our living room now. I need ideas on how to hang it!

Oh, I forgot to tell you about the best part,

It was only $9.99! A good steal in my opinion. I love this light, it's so unique. I know for certain it has a story behind it. What home did it once hang in? How old is it really? The hardware feels old and the metal looks very aged. Right now I'm dreaming up a romantic story where this light is setting the mood in the room.

I also scooped up this lovely tray with a cork bottom from the same thrift store.

Great handles,

And this baby was only $1.49!


Hope you had a lovely week, now onto the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment