Monday, April 11, 2011

To do, or not to do.


The to do list.

Do you make to do lists? I do, I make lists for everything. Pretty much every store I'm headed to I have a list written out (I still refuse to record these lists in my Iphone, I like paper) ready to go with me. Last week was my first week back at work from Vacation. I have to admit the week was mentally and physically draining. By the weekend I'm usually somewhat on top of laundry as well as having a clean house. Last week was not so, this week however I am striving to be better!

Here is my brief to do list,
  • Clean out fridge. ASAP. This will be happening today after work. This usually means dirty dishes from uneaten leftovers. We don't have a dishwasher so there is the added fun task of even more dishes to hand wash.
  • Go through books - and donate! Yesterday I was trying to rearrange my kitchen bookshelf to make it somewhat attractive and not just a cluster of awkwardly sized cookbooks and magazines. I realized in the process that I had a ton of Country Living decorating books from the early 2000's. I don't even think I opened these books when I inherited them someone else. They are getting donated. I also have plans to go through the books in our office.
  • Clean the office. I might post some pictures just to show the evidence of how messy it is in there right now. It's almost at the point of embarrassing. Our office often becomes a dumping ground when we get busy so keeping up on the stray junk in there can be difficult.
  • List some stuff on Craigslist. I have some small pieces of furniture that didn't make the cut when I re did the bedroom, hoping to recoup some of my costs by selling them.
  • Start my garden. My garden beds still needs to be weeded, then seeded.
There are also the smaller things on my list such as,
Keep on top of laundry, dishes and cooking healthy meals.
I'm sure every day I'll think of something new to add to the list. Hopefully posting these items here will make me more accountable and I'll get everything done.

Have a lovely start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment