Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sugar Woes

I have been off sugar for four days now. Well I shouldn't say completely off - I'm having about 1tbl a day. I usually It's 1 tsp of brown sugar in my coffee and then the other bit of sugar I account for is already in my breakfast cereal.

I am a sugar-aholic. You would be amazed how easily it is to have sugar in every single meal you eat. Many processed foods have sugar/fructose-corn syrupy crap in it. Even things like taco seasoning packets have sugar in it. Even canned soup. What happened in the last 30 years or so that made this the norm?

I'm trying to cut back on sugar for two reasons.
1. Weight Loss.
2. Avoiding sugar crashes. This was very common for me. I would go too long without eating, feel completely void of energy - grab for something excessively sweet - feel AMAZING for about an hour then crash again. In the last four days I have not experienced this.

I did however start getting headaches. I began researching this and found that,
"During the first few sugar-free days you may experience headaches, fatigue, depression, drowsiness, skin eruptions, and mucus or throat discomfort." - Taken from Sugar Withdrawal Symptoms

I have experienced a bit of fatigue, headaches and throat discomfort. Last night before bed I sait to Barry that my throat was very sore. I guess this is why.

I am however enjoying a bit more energy and sounder sleeping. I'm looking forward to greater energy and hopefully some weight loss. I'll keep you updated:)
Loves,
Amber

1 comment:

  1. Give up sugar??? Why don't you just give up sex and breathing too? Sugar is a necessity! I should slap your foul mouth lol

    ReplyDelete